Effective Date: October 5th, 2019
Newton collects information under the direction of its Clients, and has no direct relationship with the individuals whose personal data it processes. If you are a customer of one of our Clients and would no longer like to be contacted by one of our Clients that use our service, please contact the Client that you interact with directly. We may transfer personal information to companies that help us provide our service. Transfers to subsequent third parties are covered by the service agreements with our Clients.
We acknowledge that you have the right to access your personal information.
Newton has no direct relationship with the individuals whose personal data it processes. An individual who seeks access, or who seeks to correct, amend, or delete inaccurate data should direct his query to the Newton’s Client (the data controller). If requested to remove data we will respond within a reasonable time frame.
We will retain personal data we process on behalf of our Clients for as long as needed to provide services to our Client. Newton will retain this personal information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Our Privacy Principles
- We do not sell Consumer information.
- We do not allow those who are doing business on our behalf to use our customer information for their own marketing purposes.
- We contractually require any person or organization providing products or services on our behalf to protect Newton customer information.
- We afford our prospective and former customers the same protections as existing customers with respect to the use of personal information.
- In certain situations, Newton may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements. We may also disclose your personal information as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, bankruptcy proceedings, or similar legal process when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request. If Newton is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our website, of any change in ownership, uses of your personal information, and choices you may have regarding your personal information. We may also disclose your personal information to any other third party with your prior consent.
Information We Collect
We may collect information about both Clients and their Consumers. Some of this may be nonpublic, personal information (information not available to the general public) that is provided by the user that we gather from transactions and communications with the user, through services performed for the user, that we obtain from third parties, or that we obtain through other means, all as permitted by law.
Types of information we collect and how we gather it may include:
- From your Account Registration and other forms related to our products and through your conversations with Newton representatives, we may obtain user Name and contact information such as phone number.
- When you visit reelapp.io (the “Website”), our applications, our social media sites, and your interactions with our online advertisements
- From your transactions or experiences with us, such as payments, recordings, uploads, and viewings, we may obtain information about the Client or Consumer.
- From non-Newton parties, including our Clients and their representatives, we may obtain the Consumer’s Name, Address, Email Address, Telephone number, Gender, or Driver’s license number.
- When you download and use our Services, we automatically collect information on the type of device you use, operating system version, and a unique device identifier (or "UDID").
- We send you push notifications from time-to-time in order to update you about any events or promotions that we may be running. If you no longer wish to receive these types of communications, you may turn them off at the device level. To ensure you receive proper notifications, we will need to collect certain information about your device such as operating system and user identification information.
- You may opt-out of location-based services at any time by editing the setting at the device level or by emailing us at [email protected]
How We Use Information about You
We use customer information to:
- Identify recordings
- Identify user behavior including pages visited, duration of visit, recordings uploaded, and recordings viewed
- Submit data and recordings to authorized third parties related to claims arising from use of the Reel application.
- Ensure proper billing
- Service your accounts
- Enhance your customer experience
- Offer you other services and products that may suit your needs
Information for Internet, Mobile, and Social Media Users
As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information may include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data.
We may combine this automatically collected log information with other information we collect about you. We do this to improve the services we offer you, to improve marketing, analytics, or site functionality.
We use mobile analytics software to allow us to better understand the functionality of our Mobile Software on your phone. This software may record information such as how often you use the application, the events that occur within the application, aggregated usage, performance data, and where the application was downloaded from. We do not link the information we store within the analytics software to any personal information you submit within the mobile application.
Third parties with whom we partner to provide certain features on our website or to display advertising based upon your web browsing activity also use HTML5 to collect and store information. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing HTML5.
Our mobile and social media applications may also collect non-personally identifiable demographic information (such as age, sex, and city/state location) about the users of the application. Currently, we do not support the necessary technology to respond to Web browser "do not track" signals or other, comparable mechanisms. Prior to installation of any application, you will see a statement describing what information is collected from your use of that particular application.
Other Important Information
From time to time, Newton may contact you about third-party promotions. In addition, Newton may contact you to invite you to use our services again. You will have the ability to unsubscribe from whichever type of communication you received by following the instructions included in these emails or you can contact us at [email protected]
Some portions of the Website and Application are protected and require a user identification code ("User ID") and password for access. Unauthorized access or use of such portions of the Website is prohibited. You agree that you will notify Newton immediately if you believe that a third party has obtained your User ID or password, or if you believe that any unauthorized access or use may occur or has occurred. For your protection, if Newton believes that any unauthorized access may occur or has occurred, Newton may terminate such access without prior notice to you. You also agree that Newton is permitted to act upon any instructions received using your User ID and password and to consider such instructions as authorized by you.
We display personal testimonials of satisfied customers on our website in addition to other endorsements. With your consent, we may post your testimonial along with your name. If you wish to update or your testimonial, you can contact us at [email protected]
Social Media Widgets
Access and Choice
Upon request Newton will provide you with information about whether we hold any of your personal information. If your personal information changes, or if you no longer desire our service, you may correct, update, amend, delete/remove, ask to have it removed from a public forum, directory or testimonial on our site or deactivate it by making the change on our member information page [or by emailing our Customer Support at [email protected] or by contacting us by telephone or postal mail at the contact information listed below. We will respond to your request to access within a reasonable time frame.
You may sign-up to receive email or newsletter or other communications from us. If you would like to discontinue receiving this information, you may update your email preferences by using the “Unsubscribe” link found in emails we send to you or at your member profile on our website or by contacting us at [email protected]
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
The security of your personal information is important to us. We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once it is received. If you have any questions about the security of your personal information, you can contact us at [email protected]
Jurisdiction, Enforceability, and Termination
21000 Split, Croatia